Today I am sharing a recipe from Whole Foods Market. This dish is one my favorite summer meals. If you are looking for a delicious meatless meal option, try this one. I promise you won't be disappointed!
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can light coconut milk, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
Get the instructions here!
I make a few modifications - I use brown rice and two cans of beans to stretch it. It makes enough so that I get two full meals out of one cooking effort. A total win in my book!
I also top it with fresh cubed pineapple which really compliments the coconut, all spice, and cinnamon. Pair it with a side salad or steamed spinach. I hope you enjoy this dish as much as I do!